Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Damon van Opdorp <da...@deeperdesign.co.nz> on 2003/11/12 02:43:01 UTC

XSLT and Namespaces Problem

Hi all,

I've having a problem getting XSLT transforms to work where there are
namespaces used in my xml.  Here is a snippet of the XML going into the
transform:

<unit-sale-prices xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
list-item="false" empty-object="false" large-item="true"
xsi:type="java:com.deeperdesign.marketplace.entity.unit.UnitSalePrice" >

I'm using the default Xalan based transformer and it's complaining to
the log files with the following message:

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Could not resolve namespace
prefix: xsi. The node will be ignored.
	at org.apache.xalan.transformer.MsgMgr.warn(MsgMgr.java:187)
	at org.apache.xalan.transformer.MsgMgr.warn(MsgMgr.java:144)
	at org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemElement.execute(ElemElement.java:344)
	at
org.apache.xalan.templates.ElemAttribute.execute(ElemAttribute.java:144)
	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.executeChildTemplates(TransformerImpl.java:2318)

As far as I can see, the xsi namespace is defined, but for some reason
my XSLT processor isn't noticing the declaration.  The xml is castor
generated, it's using the xsi namespace so that it can record the type
of the objects to make it possible to turn the xml back into java
objects.  I'm using Cocoon 2.1.1 with Tomcat 4.1.29.  My Xalan version
is 2.5.1.

Any suggestions welcome :)

Cheers,

Damon

» +64(21) 23 94 328

Re: generate PDF documents

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
shivakumar dijo:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using Cocoon only to generate PDF documents, but I have to send
> them in the HttpResponse or to save them in a file localized in the
> server.  Help me If any one knows.

It depends on what you need. Cocoon can do both:

1) respond a PDF file after a http client request
2) Generate offline using CLI the PDF files.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

generate PDF documents

Posted by shivakumar <a....@welcome-rt.com>.
Hi All,

I am using Cocoon only to generate PDF documents, but I have to send
them in the HttpResponse or to save them in a file localized in the
server.  Help me If any one knows.

Thanks in advance,
Shivakumar