Posted to dev@corinthia.apache.org by jan i <ja...@apache.org> on 2015/01/06 20:34:56 UTC

web site, wiki, blog etc.

Hi

I am all for we discuss how the setup for corinthia shall be
again, consensus on these matters is important.

We had an earlier discussion about having a limited web site in front of
the wiki.....I strongly advice that, because the wiki is from time to time
very slow and e.g. making responsive design in a wiki will be fun.

If we do not want a web that can be deleted

If we do not want facebook and / or twitter it can and should be deleted

If we do not want cwiki, that can be changed.

i do ask that we respect what we asked for, when entering incubator.

It seems to be lively discussion, which is good for the community, I will
stop making further changes until the community has come to consensus about
what shall be.

i do not have strong opinions on how our setup shall be, nor do I need to
be the one writing the text....if I write text I do it on behalf of the
community, for the community and with a review from the community.

Rgds
jan i

RE: web site, wiki, blog etc.

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
I am strongly in favor of a responsive web site.

I just did not appreciate what the learning curve was going to be and how much tacit knowledge is involved, such as the desired choice among foundation.js classes, etc.

I always prefer static (more-or-less) web pages over CMS dynamic-generation of mystery pages.

 - Dennis