Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Shervin Asgari <sh...@linpro.no> on 2007/01/09 11:28:40 UTC

Strange error with FileUpload

Hello. I am developing locally using tomcat and everything works great.
Then when everything was finished I moved my code to Resin to a remote
server.

I am still using the same libraries as I did before, however, I suddenly
get this Servlet Exception:

  500 Servlet Exception

/detnye.no/moteguiden/admin/action/uploadFil.jsp:21: cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method isMultipartContent (javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest)
location: class org.apache.commons.fileupload.servlet.ServletFileUpload
	boolean isMultipart = ServletFileUpload.isMultipartContent(request);
                                               ^
Note: _moteguiden/_admin/_action/_uploadFil__jsp.java uses or overrides
a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -deprecation for details.
1 error

Seems like it says I am using or overriding a deprecated API, and when I
checked the libraries again, I saw that it was already a
commons-fileupload.jar there from before. So I thought, aahh, it must be
using that one or something, so I renamed it and moved it away from the
libraries, but I am still getting the same problem.
Remember, this works locally on tomcat, so I don't know why this doesnt
work.
Maybe this server is importing some other libraries first, which is
including another version of commons.fileupload.

--
Shervin Asgari - System Consultant

Re: Strange error with FileUpload

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.
Two things:

1) Make sure that you include both Commons FileUpload and Commons IO jars in
your own web app, and that you are not relying on container-supplied
versions.

2) Make sure you are disabling Resin's own built-in multipart handling if
you want to use Commons FileUpload instead.

--
Martin Cooper