Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Arnaud Bailly <ab...@norsys.fr> on 2005/12/03 22:00:46 UTC

[m2] site info reports error

Hello,
I got the following error while trying to generate site for a project :

[INFO] Generate "Dependencies" report.
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] null
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
java.lang.NullPointerException
         at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:82)
         at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:63)
         at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromRepository(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:380)
         at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromRepository(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:346)
         at
org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.DependenciesReport$DependenciesRenderer.getMavenProjectFromRepository(DependenciesReport.java:362)
         at
org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.DependenciesReport$DependenciesRenderer.renderBody(DependenciesReport.java:286)
         at
org.apache.maven.reporting.AbstractMavenReportRenderer.render(AbstractMavenReportRenderer.java:65)
         at
org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.DependenciesReport.executeReport(DependenciesReport.java:157)
         at
org.apache.maven.reporting.AbstractMavenReport.generate(AbstractMavenReport.java:98)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.generateReportsPages(SiteMojo.java:802)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.execute(SiteMojo.java:301)
         at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:399)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:519)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:469)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:448)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:301)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:268)
         at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:137)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:316)
         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:113)
         at
         at
         at
         at

Here is part of the pom.xml
  <dependencies>

   <dependency>
    <groupId>junit</groupId>
    <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
    <version>3.8.1</version>
    <scope>test</scope>
   </dependency>

   <dependency>
    <groupId>fr.lifl</groupId>
    <artifactId>parsing</artifactId>
    <version>1.0</version>
   </dependency>

   <dependency>
    <groupId>fr.lifl</groupId>
    <artifactId>bet</artifactId>
    <version>1.0</version>
   </dependency>

  </dependencies>

  <build>
   <pluginManagement>
    <plugins>
     <plugin>
      <configuration>
       <testFailureIgnore>true</testFailureIgnore>
      </configuration>
     </plugin>
    </plugins>
   </pluginManagement>
  </build>

  <reporting>
   <plugins>

<!--   <plugin>
     <artifactId>maven-project-info-reports-plugin</artifactId>
    </plugin>
-->
    <plugin>
    </plugin>

    <plugin>
      <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
     <artifactId>surefire-report-maven-plugin</artifactId>
    </plugin>

    <plugin>
     <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
     <artifactId>jxr-maven-plugin</artifactId>
    </plugin>

    <plugin>
     <artifactId>maven-clover-plugin</artifactId>
    </plugin>
   </plugins>

  </reporting>

Help would be appreciated ...

--
Arnaud Bailly - Ingénieur de Recherche
NORSYS

Re: [m2] site info reports error

Posted by Arnaud Bailly <ab...@norsys.fr>.
Arnaud Bailly wrote:
> Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> There are a couple of plugins that have issues (often resulting in an
>> NPE) when they are run under a locale other than English or French.
>> The clover-plugin is one of them. You can try to exclude the clover
>> report to see if that helps.
>>
> How did you know I am french ? ;-)
> BTW, I am using  en_US  locale and the clover report gets generated
> correctly. The process chokes on the dependency report generation. I
> tried to track the NPException but the repository stores a newer version
> so I gave up.

The problem is induced by the following dependency :

   <dependency>
    <groupId>java.tools</groupId>
    <artifactId>tools</artifactId>
    <version>1.4.2</version>
    <scope>system</scope>
    <systemPath>${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar</systemPath>
   </dependency>

SHould I file a bug in Jira ?

Posted by Arnaud Bailly <ab...@norsys.fr>.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@mdh.se>.