Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ginger Cheng <gi...@gs.washington.edu> on 2004/09/14 21:22:41 UTC

question about non-responding commands in tomcat 5.5.1 manager application

Hello, Tomcat Gurus,
     I have installed tomcat 5.5.1 under linux redhat 9, with
j2sdk-1.4.2_05 and the compat package to make it compatable. Everything
works fine until I came to the point of using tomcat manager. THe
command button (start, stop..) didn't respond at all. I checked
logs/catalina.out and there is nothing there. I can only start an
appliation by putting my web application under webapps and stop and
restart tomcat, the application works OK though.

     Could someone please help me with the tomcat manager issue? It is
so weird.
     THanks
     ginger