Posted to dev@systemml.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/20 23:56:31 UTC

Building releases now that we have branches

I just saw a commit into master :
[maven-release-plugin] prepare release v0.12.0-incubating-rc2” --tag

Please be very careful with what we are trying to do. After 0.12 RC, we
have moved the development of 0.12 wich is based on Spark 1.6.x to a 0.12
branch, but the commit info above makes me think that we are trying to cut
a 0.12 RC2 from master which then will bring the Spark 2.0 support which is
not desirable and is scheduled for 0.12.

Also note that master is now in a corrupted state, where the pom is
corrupted (particularly the scmelement)

<scm> <connection>scm:git:git@github.com:apache/incubator-systemml</
connection> <developerConnection>scm:git:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-systemml</
developerConnection> <url>
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-systemml.git</url>
<tag>v0.12.0-incubating-rc2”
--tag</tag> </scm>

Please revert the  commit in master
(083c9c4ca0bc3deeb04f2552470a9e187b80bcf4)

Now, for the RC2, we will probably need to make the RC based on the commit
hash from the top of the 0.12 branch and do a little investigation/research
if there is any other changes to make the release prepare to modify the pom
from the branch and google is probably your friend here.

--
Luciano Resende
http://twitter.com/lresende1975

Re: Building releases now that we have branches

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 1:25 PM, <du...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah as long as the branch is checked out with Git, Maven should work as
> intended.

Do you need to change the scm section in pom in any way ?

--

Posted by du...@gmail.com.
Yeah as long as the branch is checked out with Git, Maven should work as intended.

--

Mike Dusenberry
GitHub: github.com/dusenberrymw

Sent from my iPhone.