Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2007/10/26 14:34:04 UTC

Re: release:prepare failure during scm-tag : Server certificate verification failed: issuer is not trusted

On Fri, October 26, 2007 2:16 pm, Jason Mihalick wrote:

> It seems as though the credentials that were cached by subclipse when I
> did
> the initial checkout of the sources were able to be used by maven when
> committing my release to the trunk, but not when doing the tag.  Why this
> is
> the case, I don't know.

Subclipse (to my knowledge), uses a pure Java implementation of subversion
in order to work. As I understand it, this pure Java client[1] has its own
mechanism to handling credentials.

Maven's scm handling calls the svn binary directly, which then uses a
different mechanism for caching credentials. I suspect this is why your
behaviour in subclipse doesn't follow on from the behaviour of the svn
client.

[1] The pure Java svn client was written to solve the painful issue of
having to fiddle around with platform specific issues when trying to
execute the svn native binary.

Regards,
Graham

Re: release:prepare failure during scm-tag : Server certificate verification failed: issuer is not trusted

Posted by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com>.
Jason, I am happy to see that you solved your problem and it's nice from you
that you explained how to do it.

Graham, it's nice to know how Subclipse works especially to handling
credentials.
But as Jason mentioned, it's strange that the maven release plugin is able
to execute a commit but not a tag.

BTW, I find that it's a shame that we have to do svn log and ssh (for
instance with scp or sftp protocol) in order to handle credentials before
using the maven release plugin. It would be nice to be able to accept the
credential during the maven release plugin execution but it's not the case
for the moment and the execution is waiting, waiting (with scp or sftp
protocol) and you can do anything apart from killing the process...

Rémy

Re: release:prepare failure during scm-tag : Server certificate verification failed: issuer is not trusted

Posted by Jason Mihalick <oo...@embarqmail.com>.
Thanks for the info Graham.  That does make some sense.  However, do you have
any ideas why the maven release plugin would be able to execute the commit
of the release POMs to the trunk prior to tagging?  I can't figure that one
out, unless I've somehow misinterpreted the sequence of events that lead up
to this problem.

Best regards,
Jason