Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2011/08/21 15:39:25 UTC

Moving demo data to their appropriate components

What does everyone think about moving the ton of demo data living in ecommerce out to the components where the entities are defined?

My main motivation for asking about this is for testing to ensure that we can run all the framework and application tests even when all special purpose components are removed.  With the increasing number of special purpose apps containing extend-entity definitions I'm concerned about the possibility of the base applications developing dependencies on that extended data model, unintentionally or otherwise.

We already have plenty of framework code that depends on base application entities and I'd hate to see the situation get worse with dependencies in the base apps or framework on the special purpose data model.

I'm willing to move the data so this isn't one of those conversations where nothing will actually get done.

Thanks
Scott

Re: Moving demo data to their appropriate components

Posted by Atul Vani <at...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
+1

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
+1

Thanks and Regards
---

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I think a model of the data is where the entities are defined, is best.

Scott Gray sent the following on 8/21/2011 6:39 AM:

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Yes that sounds also logical to me. I was surprised to find them there and then get used to. I must say having them in one place is
also convenient, maybe lazy...

Jacques

From: "Adrian Crum" <ad...@sandglass-software.com>

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.