Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Akshay Arora <ak...@5vs1.com> on 2001/08/08 02:44:38 UTC

Re: EMBPERL_VIRTLOG & EmbperlObject (was: DocumentRoot handled by EmbperlObject)

would it be better to use the <Files> directive?
<Files /embperl/log/embperl.log>
	SetHandler perl-script
        PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
	Options ExecCGI
</Files>

I don't know if this would work or not, but I would have tried this
first.

Thoren Johne wrote:

> "Gerald Richter" <ri...@ecos.de> writes:
>
> > Could you change this to
> >
> >          SetEnv EMBPERL_VIRTLOG /embperl/log/embperl.log
> >          <Location /embperl/log/embperl.log>
> >                  SetHandler perl-script
> >                  PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
> >                  Options ExecCGI
> >          </Location>
> >
> > Does this change anything ?
>
> no - same thing
>
> --
> # Thoren Johne - 8#X - thoren@southern-division.com
> # Southern Division Classic Bikes - www.southern-division.com
> *human=*you=*me=*stupid=*DATA=>#print"Just Another Perl Hacker\n     8#X"
> *stupid&&*human&&*me&&*you&&2&&seek*me,-116,1;read*you,$_,42;eval;__END__

http://www.5vs1.com - A Pearl Jam Fan Site

"Only when the last tree is dead, the last river damned, and the last
field paved, will we realize that we can't eat money."

"Time is long and life is short, so begin to live while you still can."
			-Eddie Vedder

Re: EMBPERL_VIRTLOG & EmbperlObject (was: DocumentRoot handled by EmbperlObject)

Posted by Thoren Johne <th...@southern-division.com>.
"Gerald Richter" <ri...@ecos.de> writes:

> > would it be better to use the <Files> directive?
> > <Files /embperl/log/embperl.log>
>
> Files only take a filename and is overridden by the Location block which set
> the EmbperlObject handler, so this won't work
>
> Thoren, could you send me your current httpd.conf, so I can take a closer
> look at it ?

sure - it's on the way

--
# Thoren Johne - 8#X - thoren@southern-division.com
# Southern Division Classic Bikes - www.southern-division.com
no warnings;our($Just,$another,$Perl,$Hacker)=3...7,print((map{"$$_[0] "}
sort{$$a[1]<=>$$b[1]}map{[$_,eval"\$::$_"]}grep/^[JaPH][^t]/,%::),' 8#X')

Re: EMBPERL_VIRTLOG & EmbperlObject (was: DocumentRoot handled by EmbperlObject)

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> would it be better to use the <Files> directive?
> <Files /embperl/log/embperl.log>

Files only take a filename and is overridden by the Location block which set
the EmbperlObject handler, so this won't work

Thoren, could you send me your current httpd.conf, so I can take a closer
look at it ?

Gerald