Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by 김동경 <st...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/04 03:15:45 UTC

Re: can't connect to kafka from a java client.

Just for your information, I faced same issue.
For me, it was origin from the hostname of Kafka node.

Since the hostname of broker stored in Zookeeper was different with the
hostname what I configured in source,
it couldn`t fetch the meta data of brokers.

If you configure the log level as debug, and look into zookeeper or broker
log, you can easily find the hostname stored in zookeeper.

Thanks
Dongkyoung