Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Andy Davidson <An...@SantaCruzIntegration.com> on 2016/07/27 18:30:36 UTC

spark-2.0 support for spark-ec2 ?

Congratulations on releasing 2.0!

spark-2.0.0-bin-hadoop2.7 no longer includes the spark-ec2 script How ever
http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/index.html  has a link to the spark-ec2
github repo https://github.com/amplab/spark-ec2

Is this the right group to discuss spark-ec2?

Any idea how stable spark-ec2 is on spark-2.0?

Should we use master or branch-2.0? It looks like the default might be the
branch-1.6 ?

Thanks

Andy

P.s. The new stand alone documentation is a big improvement. I have a much
better idea of what spark-ec2 does and how to upgrade my system.

Re: spark-2.0 support for spark-ec2 ?

Posted by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com>.
Yes, spark-ec2 has been removed from the main project, as called out in the
Release Notes:

http://spark.apache.org/releases/spark-release-2-0-0.html#removals

You can still discuss spark-ec2 here or on Stack Overflow, as before. Bug
reports and the like should now go on that AMPLab GitHub project as opposed
to JIRA, though.

You should use branch-2.0.