Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Mai,Nguyen Huu" <ma...@myvietnam.net> on 2003/12/04 03:30:36 UTC

Processing XML data with Configuration

Hello folks
I am a new with Configuration so I don't know much about it
I am using Configuration to read XML data and now I want to modify it. is
would be possible if I used Configuration ?
For example:
I read xml data , change its value and then save it to XML data.

Can I do it with Configuration?
Thanks for advance

Re:[configuration] Processing XML data with Configuration

Posted by Oliver Heger <he...@med.uni-marburg.de>.
Hello,

it is generally possible to use configuration to manipulate XML
documents though this is not the intended use case.

If you have the actual CVS version, there is a class
ConfigurationXMLDocument, which can be used to store configuration
objects as XML documents. The examples page in the documentation also
has a section about this class, which (hopefully) should anwer your
questions. It also lists some problems, which may occur.

Oli