Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by paul8 <pa...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2009/11/07 03:48:08 UTC

Trying to set up tomcat

Hi I am trying to set up Tomcat on ubuntu, I have unziped and changed the
classpath(i think) i go in to the bin folder of tomcat and run catalina.sh
using terminal and get the following

paul@paul-laptop:~/apache-tomcat-6.0.20/bin$ ./startup.sh run
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /home/paul/apache-tomcat-6.0.20
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /home/paul/apache-tomcat-6.0.20
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /home/paul/apache-tomcat-6.0.20/temp
Using JRE_HOME:       /usr/lib/java/

Re: Trying to set up tomcat

Posted by Ziggy <zi...@gmail.com>.
What exactly is the problem?

On 11/7/09, paul8 <pa...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi I am trying to set up Tomcat on ubuntu, I have unziped and changed the
> classpath(i think) i go in to the bin folder of tomcat and run catalina.sh
> using terminal and get the following
>
> paul@paul-laptop:~/apache-tomcat-6.0.20/bin$ ./startup.sh run
> Using CATALINA_BASE:   /home/paul/apache-tomcat-6.0.20
> Using CATALINA_HOME:   /home/paul/apache-tomcat-6.0.20
> Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /home/paul/apache-tomcat-6.0.20/temp
> Using JRE_HOME:       /usr/lib/java/

Sent from my mobile device

Re: Trying to set up tomcat

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
paul8 wrote:
> Hi I am trying to set up Tomcat on ubuntu, I have unziped and changed the
> classpath(i think)

Changing the classpath is a bad idea. Don't do that.

> i go in to the bin folder of tomcat and run catalina.sh
> using terminal and get the following
>
> paul@paul-laptop:~/apache-tomcat-6.0.20/bin$ ./startup.sh run
> Using CATALINA_BASE:   /home/paul/apache-tomcat-6.0.20
> Using CATALINA_HOME:   /home/paul/apache-tomcat-6.0.20
> Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /home/paul/apache-tomcat-6.0.20/temp
> Using JRE_HOME:       /usr/lib/java/

And? That looks perfectly reasonable to me.

Mark