Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Robert Taylor <rt...@mulework.com> on 2004/03/05 16:37:10 UTC

[Newbie] Trouble executing create-db for mysql

Greetings:

I'm just starting to use Torque (torque-gen-3.1) and I'm trying to create a new database.
I can successfully run the "sql" target defined in build-torque.xml and I
see that the correct DDL statements are generated for my target database; mysql.

When I run the "create-db" target, the corresponding create-db.sql file created
only contains a single line:

ECHO Not implemented

Subsequently I get the following error message:

     [echo]
     [echo]       Executing the create-db.sql script ...
     [echo]
      [sql] Executing file: F:\api\apache\db\Copy of torque-gen-3.1\src\sql\crea
te-db.sql
      [sql] Failed to execute:  ECHO Not implemented
      [sql] java.sql.SQLException: Syntax error or access violation,  message fr
om server: "You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresp
onds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ECHO Not imp
lemented' at line 1"
      [sql] 0 of 1 SQL statements executed successfully

I search the archives for "ECHO" and found nothing.

I had the same problem when using MSSQL but found out that I had to create the
database and tables manually. Is the same true for mysql?

Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

robert