Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de.INVALID> on 2016/05/04 07:45:42 UTC

[DISCUSS] The road to JPA-2.1

Hi!

We have a jpa-2.1 branch since quite some time. Romain started to implement some features and I EE7 is already pretty mature. How do we like to proceed with this work?

1.)

a.) leave 2.4.x as trunk and merge over the features to the jpa-2.1 branch?
b.) move the current trunk to maintenance-2.4.x (and actively maintain it) and merge Romain's work to the trunk?

2.) What version should the jpa-2.1 OpenJPA release finally become?

3.0?

Do we like to do upfront -m1, -m2 etc releases?

I try to do a signature check on the jpa-2.1 jar in geronimo-specs with the official jpa-api jar and improve the docs. Imo this should be our fist step. Anyone up for some pair programming or review (ofc not now but at some evening)?

txs and LieGrue,
strub

Re: [DISCUSS] The road to JPA-2.1

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark

Le 4 mai 2016 07:45, "Mark Struberg" <st...@yahoo.de.invalid> a écrit :

> Hi!
>
> We have a jpa-2.1 branch since quite some time. Romain started to
implement some features and I EE7 is already pretty mature. How do we like
to proceed with this work?

> 1.)
>
> a.) leave 2.4.x as trunk and merge over the features to the jpa-2.1
branch?
> b.) move the current trunk to maintenance-2.4.x (and actively maintain
it) and merge Romain's work to the trunk?

> 2.) What version should the jpa-2.1 OpenJPA release finally become?
>
> 3.0?

Guess so

> Do we like to do upfront -m1, -m2 etc releases?

Until we think we are good yes - we will ignore TCK anyway until we have
they do just we consider we filled all gaps.

> I try to do a signature check on the jpa-2.1 jar in geronimo-specs with
the official jpa-api jar and improve the docs. Imo this should be our fist
step. Anyone up for some pair programming or review (ofc not now but at
some evening)?

Hope to be able to join the effort next month.

Re: [DISCUSS] The road to JPA-2.1

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
works for me don't worry ;)

Re: [DISCUSS] The road to JPA-2.1