Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@wyona.org> on 2003/05/09 10:45:51 UTC

Build target for static website export

Hi Lenya developers,

the Forrest-based export of a Forrest-based publication
(e.g., the docs-new) as HTML files would probably require
the following things:

- Forrest must be installed

- a Forrest configuration file forrest.properties
   in the publication directory

- a Lenya build target that
   - copies the necessary parts of the publication
     to another directory in the pubs directory
     (e.g., docs-new_export)
   - deletes / renames sitemap.xmap
   - renames forrest-sitemap.xmap to sitemap.xmap
   - executes Forrest

Then you could export any Forrest-based publication
by calling someting like

 > ant export-forrest docs-new

Do you think we should setup such a target?

I didn't yet get it to work by setting up everything
by hand. Hopefully, a build target would improve the
results. Theoretically, it should work somehow :)

Andreas

Re: Build target for static website export

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@wyona.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> I didn't yet get it to work by setting up everything
> by hand. Hopefully, a build target would improve the
> results. Theoretically, it should work somehow :)

Well, I finally made it. Forrest doesn't like CVS
directories in the source tree.

It should now be possible to setup a working target.

Andreas