Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Ishan Jayawardena <ud...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/04 08:09:55 UTC

testing installation and samples

Hi,
I built the source after checking out from the repository with "build.sh jars".
But can you tell me how to execute samples in build/classes/
directory? I tried many times and searched everywhere, but still
couldn't run a single test. Is there anything I have to do before
executing samples? Why are there two types of directories called
"tests" and "samples"?

Re: testing installation and samples

Posted by Ishan Jayawardena <ud...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Mukul, I could get it working. :)

Posted by Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org>.
Since your "build.sh jars" step is successful, you would have got a
JAR file called, xercesSamples.jar in the build folder.

You can use this JAR file (please put it in the system classpath), to
run Xerces-J samples.

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Ishan Jayawardena <ud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I built the source after checking out from the repository with "build.sh jars".
> But can you tell me how to execute samples in build/classes/
> directory? I tried many times and searched everywhere, but still
> couldn't run a single test. Is there anything I have to do before
> executing samples? Why are there two types of directories called
> "tests" and "samples"?

Mukul Gandhi