Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by jay vyas <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/07 23:03:47 UTC

Solr packages in Apache BigTop.

Hi Solr.

I work on the apache bigtop project, and am interested in integrating it
deeper with Solr, for example, for testing spark / solr integration cases.

Is anyone in the Solr community interested in collborating on testing
releases with us and maintaining Solr packagins in bigtop (with our help of
course) ?

The advantage here is that we can synergize efforts:  When new SOLR
releases come out, we can test them in bigtop to gaurantee that there are
rpm/deb packages which work well with the hadoop ecosystem.

For those that don't know, bigtop is the upstream apache bigdata packaging
project, we build hadoop, spark, solr, hbase and so on in rpm/deb format,
and supply puppet provisioners along with vagrant recipse for testing.

--
jay vyas

Re: Solr packages in Apache BigTop.

Posted by Scott Stults <ss...@opensourceconnections.com>.
Jay,

This is music to my ears. I've used the bigtop packages and would love to
see the Solr portion of them keep pace with releases.

Let me know where to start!

Thank you,
Scott

--
Scott Stults | Founder & Solutions Architect | OpenSource Connections, LLC
http://www.opensourceconnections.com