Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com> on 2011/07/21 12:28:03 UTC

Re: DirectDriver: Driving src/sink failed! LazyOpenSource | LazyOpenDecorator because null

[please subscribe to new incubator list!  bcc: flume-user@cloudera.org, cc:
flume-user@incubator.apache.org,]

pk,

In this particular case, it looks like the body is larger than the max event
size which is by default 32k..  Can you boost the flume.event.max.size.bytes
 in your flume-site.xml file?

I'll file an issue to make a better warning when this happens.

Jon.

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 7:36 PM, pk <pk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I regularly see the below error occur; it disrupts the agent, and I
> need to restart the flume-node service.
>
> I'm using package version 0.9.3+15.3-1~maverick-cdh3 .
>
> This error matches the fixed bug:
> https://issues.cloudera.org//browse/flume-435
> ; this bug is fixed in v0.9.3, so my installation should have it.
>
> It also matches the open bug: https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/FLUME-375
> ; this has a fix version of v0.9.5 . I assume this means that this bug
> will be fixed in v0.9.5; is that correct ?

That is the goal.  The comments of the issue state that a FLUME-620 has been
closed, bu tthe FLUME-375 issue hasn't been closed because we don' t know if
this solves the user's problem with the given information.

> Does anyone have suggestions regarding the below ? When will v0.9.5 be
> available as an APT package ?

There will be a new .deb package coming out "soon" -- within the next week
or so.

--
// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: DirectDriver: Driving src/sink failed! LazyOpenSource | LazyOpenDecorator because null

Posted by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com>.
pk,

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 3:28 AM, Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> I'll file an issue to make a better warning when this happens.
>
> FLUME-712 epic created [1] , and FLUME-713 [2] issue created with code in
review [3].

[1] https://issues.cloudera.org//browse/FLUME-712
[2] https://issues.cloudera.org//browse/FLUME-713
[3] https://review.cloudera.org/r/1875/