Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michele Mase' <mi...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/01 09:31:14 UTC

[users@httpd] CVE-2014-0226 vulnerability: mod_status.so was no longer ABI-compatible

After applying some vendor's patches (redhat and ubuntu), mod_status was
broken; as a workaround, disabling it solves the issue

Issue solved:
#LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so
#ExtendedStatus On

Issue is present:
LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so
ExtendedStatus On

Is it a vendor's related problem or is it apache's one?

Some suggestions?

ref. links:
https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2014-0920.html #bug is present
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apache2/+bug/1349288 #bug is present

Regards

Michele MAsè

Re: [users@httpd] CVE-2014-0226 vulnerability: mod_status.so was no longer ABI-compatible

Posted by Michele Mase' <mi...@gmail.com>.
Restarting not solves the issue;

Issue solved:
#LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so
#ExtendedStatus On

Issue is present:
LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so
ExtendedStatus On

My httpd is rhel6.x
rpm -qi httpd
Name        : httpd                        Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 2.2.3                             Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 87.el5_10                     Build Date: Fri 18 Jul
2014 10:05:39 AM BST

I've opened a case to redhat support; I was hoping somebody else with
a vanilla httpd could have the same problem ...
http://mattiasgeniar.be/2014/07/28/httpd-cannot-load-mod_status-so-into-server-undefined-symbol-ap_copy_scoreboard_worker/

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.