Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Jakob Homan <jg...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/03 19:44:20 UTC

Git patches, and the creation and application thereof

I'd like to update the how-to-contribute section of the wiki to be more git
orthodox in the creation and application of patches, specifically following
along with these guidelines:

http://ariejan.net/2009/10/26/how-to-create-and-apply-a-patch-with-git/

Two benefits over the current, svn-style patches:
1) The patches include the author, who is credit in the commit log (I've
been doing this manually, but it's a pain)
2) The patch application and commit happens as a single step, helping to
avoid dunce-level errors like mine from yesterday.

Thoughts?
-jg

Re: Git patches, and the creation and application thereof

Posted by Chris Riccomini <cr...@linkedin.com>.
Hey Jakob,

This looks good to me.

Cheers,