Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by Sanjith Chungath <cs...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/19 13:17:56 UTC

Re: Xalan release with VS 2005 support.

Smeeta,
           Yes these errors are because of compiler version i.e VS 2005. We
also encountered similar errors in .h files. Fix for this was to take the
latest code of Xerces and Xalan and build it with VS 2005. We even built the
latest code with VS 2005 SP1 and use it in our product. Latest source code
contains project files for VC 8.0. It was a matter of minutes for us to
build the binaries and use the latest build.

Best solution will be to take the release binaries from Xerces and Xalan
compatible with VC 8.0. But i dont know when it will be released.

-Regards,
Sanjith.

On 5/16/07, Smeeta Jalan <sm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Visual Studio 2005 in a project which uses binaries of Xerces
> 2.7 and Xalan 1.10. But, I am getting these errors:
>
> xalanc/DOMSupport/DOMServices.hpp(571) : error C2664: 'void (const XMLCh
> *const ,const unsigned int)' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const
> xalanc_1_10::XalanDOMChar *' to 'const XMLCh *const '
>         Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
> reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
> xalanc/XPath/XObject.hpp(339) : error C2664: 'void (const XMLCh *const
> ,const unsigned int)' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const
> xalanc_1_10::XalanDOMChar *' to 'const XMLCh *const '
>         Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
> reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
> xalanc/XPath/XObject.hpp(343) : error C2664: 'void (const  XMLCh *const
> ,const unsigned int)' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'const
> xalanc_1_10::XalanDOMChar *' to 'const XMLCh *const '
>         Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
> reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
>
> I downloaded Xerces compiled using VC 8.0 from
> http://codesynthesis.com/products/xsd/download.xhtml
> but couldn't find Xalan compiled with VC 8.0 anywhere.
>
> So, are the errors because of the different versions of VC? I don't
> understand why are the errors in the header files?
> Everything works fine when I use VC 7.1
>
> Any help would be appreciable.
>
> Thanks,
> Smeeta
>

> On 2/7/07, David Bertoni < dbertoni@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Sanjith Chungath wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >        Do anyone know when will be the release of Xalan and Xerces
> > which
> > > will have support for Visual Studio 2005 on Windows platform.
> >
> > The Xerces-C team is still working on their next release, so we cannot
> > release until they do.
> >
> > Meanwhile, you can use the head of the Xerces-C and Xalan-C
> > repositories.
> >
> > Dave

Sanjith Chungath