Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by mao min <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2022/12/10 18:09:33 UTC

Problems with hbase snappy

Dear Hbase Developers:
       When I use hbase create table with compression snappy,  it reported with problem following:
[cid:image002.png@01D90D05.9A822BC0]
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: org.apache.hadoop.util.NativeCodeLoader.buildSupportsSnappy()Z .

Is hbase still using hadoop’s NativeCodeLoader?
But I saw reporting from hadoop’s websit, from 3.3.1+(For LZ4 and Snappy compression codec, Hadoop now moves to use lz4-java and snappy-java instead of requring the native libraries of these to be installed on the systems running Hadoop.)
So it’s hbase’s bug or my using fault?
hbase-version: 2.5.2/2.4.14
Hadoop-version: 3.3.4
Looking forward to your reply, Thanks.