Posted to log4net-dev@logging.apache.org by Rob1234 <ro...@lloydstsb.co.uk> on 2008/11/28 14:54:40 UTC

Create new log file each time application is started

Hi

I have a problem with log4net. I have an application which uses a
RollingFileAppender. The applcation can be started multiple times from the
same location. I want there to be a seperate log file each time the
application is started. e.g. 5 apps running = 5 log files. Is there any way
to do this in log4net?

Re: Create new log file each time application is started

Posted by NeerajG <ne...@citi.com>.
You could put %processid as shown below.

<appender name="LogFileAppender" type="log4net.Appender.FileAppender">
    <file type="log4net.Util.PatternString"
value="log-file-[%processid].txt" />
    <layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout" value="%date [%thread]
%-5level %logger - %message%newline" />
</appender>

Posted by Rob1234 <ro...@lloydstsb.co.uk>.

Posted by Ron Grabowski <ro...@yahoo.com>.