Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by umesh kute <um...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/11 14:57:14 UTC

Need help in Devcloud2 configuration

Hi Guys,
Basically i am new to cloudstack. To have some hands on the cloudstack, its
UI; i wanted to deploy my own cloudstack. I came across Devcloud2 and i
found it really interesting. I was trying to build the devcloud2 on local
machine (windows7 using virtual box).
I have been following the documents written on the apache cloudstack for
Devcloud2.

http://bhaisaab.org/logs/devcloud/
http://wiki.cloudstack.org/display/COMM/DevCloud

What i have achieved so far is:
1. I could deploy the devcloud2.ova on virtual box.
2. Get the source code.
3. Build the management server.
4. Deploy database.
5. Run the management server.
So far it was smooth.

Moved ahead and added the basic zone, pod, cluster successfully.
But when i tried to add the host, i got an error unable to add host.
Due to jetty run, i am not able to see the detailed log. But what it says
is unable to discover host.

I tried to check the xen server service on the virtual appliance box. The
service was down.
i am not able to start the service also.

root@devcloud:/opt/cloudstack/cloudstack# /etc/init.d/xen start
[warn] Not running within Xen or no compatible utils ... (warning).
root@devcloud:/opt/cloudstack/cloudstack#

I would really appreciate any help on this...

Thanks and Regards
-- Umesh

Re: Need help in Devcloud2 configuration

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
These are the steps I tend to take when using DevCloud:

(1) Restore DevCloud2 to original/snapshot. // to start from scratch if
you've done this before and want to start over

(2) mvn -P developer,systemvm clean install // to build the codebase

(3) mvn -P developer -pl developer,tools/devcloud -Ddeploydb // to
create/re-create your DB

(4) mvn -pl :cloud-client-ui jetty:run // to run the management server

(5) cd tools/devcloud ; python ../marvin/marvin/deployDataCenter.py -i
devcloud.cfg // to set up a CS environment

You might want to shut down and re-start the management server.

I've found this URL helpful:

http://www.cloudstack-china.org/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2012/12/cloudstack-inthebox-devcloud.pdf

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

RE: Need help in Devcloud2 configuration

Posted by Rajesh Battala <ra...@citrix.com>.
Hi Umesh,

You have booted with normal kernel, you should boot devcloud with xen kernel and run the cloudstack.

Thanks
Rajesh Battala