Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alexandre Drouin <al...@orckestra.com> on 2016/08/11 17:16:02 UTC

Create collection on all nodes using the Collection API

Hi,

What would be the best/easiest way to create a collection (only one shard) using the Collection API and have a replica created on all live nodes?

Using the 'create collection' API, I can use the 'replicationFactor' parameter and specify the number of replica I want for my collection.  So if I have 3 lives nodes I can say 'replicationFactor=3' and my collection will have a replica on all lives nodes.  However I do not want to 'hardcode' my number of live nodes for obvious reasons, so because of that I have the following questions:

1) Is there a way to create a collection (only one shard) and having a replica of the shard on all live nodes?

2) Assuming #1 is not possible, is it possible to have the list of live nodes ?  If I can have the list of live nodes I could detect the number required for the replicationFactor parameter.

Thanks

Alexandre Drouin

Re: Create collection on all nodes using the Collection API

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
Hi Alexandre,

You can you the CLUSTERSTATUS Collections API (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Collections+API#CollectionsAPI-api18)
to get a list of live nodes.

-Anshum