Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jing Xue <jx...@digizenstudio.com> on 2005/06/23 01:21:49 UTC

error trying to build

Hi,

I'm trying to build the jetspeed 2.0 source package with maven 1.1 beta
1, and got this error below.  Both are fresh unzipped.  Is this a known
issue?

Thanks for any help.
--Jing Xue

org.apache.maven.MavenException: Unknown error reading project
        at org.apache.maven.MavenUtils.getProject(MavenUtils.java:146)
        at org.apache.maven.MavenUtils.getProject(MavenUtils.java:99)
        at
org.apache.maven.MavenSession.initializeRootProject(MavenSession.java:232)
        at org.apache.maven.MavenSession.initialize(MavenSession.java:172)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.App.doMain(App.java:498)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.App.main(App.java:1258)
        at
        at
        at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.run(Forehead.java:551)
        at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:581)
--- Nested Exception ---
org.apache.maven.MavenException: Error parsing project.xml
'C:\Apps\jetspeed-2.0-src\project.xml'
        at
org.apache.maven.MavenUtils.getNonJellyProject(MavenUtils.java:189)
        at org.apache.maven.MavenUtils.getProject(MavenUtils.java:120)
        at org.apache.maven.MavenUtils.getProject(MavenUtils.java:99)
        at
org.apache.maven.MavenSession.initializeRootProject(MavenSession.java:232)
        at org.apache.maven.MavenSession.initialize(MavenSession.java:172)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.App.doMain(App.java:498)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.App.main(App.java:1258)
        at
        at
        at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.run(Forehead.java:551)
        at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:581)
--- Nested Exception ---
org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.XmlPullParserException: could not
resolve entity named 'jetspeed-version' (position: S
TART_TAG seen ...<currentVersion>&jetspeed-version;... @26:39)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.MXParser.nextImpl(MXParser.java:1278)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.MXParser.next(MXParser.java:1089)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.util.xml.pull.MXParser.nextText(MXParser.java:1054)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.io.xpp3.MavenXpp3Reader.parseModel(MavenXpp3Reader.java:647)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.io.xpp3.MavenXpp3Reader.read(MavenXpp3Reader.java:1621)
        at org.apache.maven.project.Project.<init>(Project.java:120)
        at
org.apache.maven.MavenUtils.getNonJellyProject(MavenUtils.java:185)
        at org.apache.maven.MavenUtils.getProject(MavenUtils.java:120)
        at org.apache.maven.MavenUtils.getProject(MavenUtils.java:99)
        at
org.apache.maven.MavenSession.initializeRootProject(MavenSession.java:232)
        at org.apache.maven.MavenSession.initialize(MavenSession.java:172)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.App.doMain(App.java:498)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.App.main(App.java:1258)
        at
        at
        at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.run(Forehead.java:551)
        at com.werken.forehead.Forehead.main(Forehead.java:581)

You have encountered an unknown error running Maven.
Please help us to correct this problem by following these simple steps:
- read the Maven FAQ at http://maven.apache.org/faq.html
- run the same command again with the '-e' parameter, eg 'maven -e jar'
- search the maven-user archives for the error at
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@maven.apache.org
- post the output of maven -e to JIRA at ???issueTrackingUrl??? (you
must sign up first)
- run 'maven --info' and post the output as the environment to the bug above

Total time   : 2 seconds
Finished at  : Wednesday, June 22, 2005 6:53:27 PM EDT

Re: Could not get Jetspeed Component Manager

Posted by Jing Xue <ji...@digizenstudio.com>.
And it is indeed clearly stated in the description for the property.
I'll go home and write down "RTFM" for 500 times...

--JX

Posted by Jing Xue <jx...@digizenstudio.com>.
And on another closer look, it is incredibly clearly stated in the
description for the property.  I shall go home and write down "RTFM" for
500 times...

--JX

Posted by Jing Xue <jx...@digizenstudio.com>.

Posted by James Liao <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
There must be some errors occur when initialize the componentManager.
please check your jetspeed.log in $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/jetspeed/logs/
for detail.

- James Liao

Posted by Jing Xue <jx...@digizenstudio.com>.

Re: error trying to build