Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2004/01/25 19:13:10 UTC

RE: Running tests configured server instance using Ant

I'm
> using it to lookup data sources, which I beleive to be one of the most
> common requirements for a web app. In detail what I need in the
container
> is:

I've not said it is uncommon.... I've said it is not something that is
related to Cactus itself and it is too generic for Cactus to
specifically add support for this. The way to do it with the <cactus>
task is by passing to it a container configuration file containing these
jndi definitions.

> - My App, test cases, the cactus frame work.
> - A few JNDI resource configurations (a mail session and datasource at
> minimum).
> - The database driver (Oracle), which I place in the Tomcat common
folder
> usually.
> - Xalan and eventually JavaMail. (at the moment Xalan is in
WEB-INF/lib).

> So if there was a place that the documentation was lacking it would be
> that
> is was lacking a worked example that included all of these things.
>
> I hope this is helpful.

Thanks
-Vincent