Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by radjesh <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2005/04/22 10:53:23 UTC

Cannot store messages in DB

Hi,
   i used file repository to store the messages, everything worked fine. Then i used db to store the messages. I made the following changes in config.xml

      <inboxRepository>
         <repository destinationURL="db://test/inbox/" type="MAIL"/>
      </inboxRepository>

      <spoolRepository>
         <repository destinationURL="db://test/spool/spool" type="SPOOL"/>
      </spoolRepository>

         <data-source name="test" class="org.apache.james.util.dbcp.JdbcDataSource">
            <driver>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver>
            <dburl>jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:octopus</dburl>
            <user>test_data</user>
            <password>test_data</password>
            <max>20</max>
         </data-source>

        i did not make any changes in sqlResources.xml. When i send a mail, the tables INBOX and SPOOL are getting created, but no data is getting stored in them and am getting the exception

Error due to: 451 Error processing message: Exception spooling message: Exceptio
n caught while storing mail Container: java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Conn
ection reset by peer: socket write error;
com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 451 Error processing message: Excepti
on spooling message: Exception caught while storing mail Container: java.sql.SQL
Exception: Io exception: Connection reset by peer: socket write error;
        at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.issueSendCommand(SMTPTransport.java:1
275)
        at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.finishData(SMTPTransport.java:1149)
        at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:527)
        at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:151)
        at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:80)

Can anyone suggest a solution for this.

Thanks in advance
Radjesh

...life is what we make it, always has been, always will be.
   Good Day

http://mail.yahoo.com