Posted to builds@apache.org by Michael Dick <mi...@apache.org> on 2010/12/09 17:19:34 UTC

Max open files on ubuntu1

Hi,

Was the number of open files changed on ubuntu1 recently?

The OpenJPA builds recently started failing with an error like this one :
<snip>
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/home/hudson/hudson-slave/workspace/OpenJPA-20x-deploy/2.0.x/openjpa-persistence-jdbc/target/test-classes/org/apache/openjpa/persistence/embed/EntityA_Embed_MappedToOne.class
(Too many open files)
    at
org.apache.openjpa.lib.util.J2DoPrivHelper$29.run(J2DoPrivHelper.java:688)
<snip>

In the past we've solved this by increasing the number of open files (4096
in my case).

FWIW the builds are working on ubuntu2.

Thanks,
-mike

RE: Max open files on ubuntu1

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Yeah both Ubuntu1 and Ubuntu2 have identical 40000/60000 open files
settings.

I'll dig some more when I get time.

Gav...

Re: Max open files on ubuntu1