Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by rnatavio <rn...@exist.com> on 2008/07/11 12:17:29 UTC

Packing Order with Configurable Product

Hello everyone

I have problems in packing configurable and virtual products for shipping.
Here's what I did:
First I ordered (PC001) in the eCommerce module. Then I completed the
production run, and closed it. The problem arised when I try to pack the
items that was ordered.

It seems only 'Finished Product' type of goods can be packed and shipped. I
tried this too on a virtual product, and tried it countless times already,
but I still can't get the configurable and virtual product inside the
package.

I tried to search the forums and the issue tracker but there seem to be no
post regarding this matter. Please tell me what I'm missing here, or if this
is a bug or maybe someone has a workaround on this?.

I'm using OFBiz from trunk (rev673962) on a WindowsXP environment, Firefox3
browser, and PostgreSQL as datasource.

Re: Packing Order with Configurable Product

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks for the input,

Note that you don't need to execute a production run for PC001
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/using+the+UI+to+add+the+PC001

Jacques

From: "rnatavio" <rn...@exist.com>

Posted by rnatavio <rn...@exist.com>.
Problem solved. thanks all. I updated from trunk rev676406.
>From rev676406 I encountered two errors while trying to order from the
eCommerce module. But I managed to solve it pretty easily as what I posted
here:
http://www.nabble.com/Checkout-problem-in-trunk-rev676406-to18438021.html#a18438130

Thanks again.

rnatavio wrote:

> I'll update right away and see if my problem still persists. Thanks
> Jacques and Bilgin. I'll keep you posted.
>

> jacques.le.roux wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Bilgin,
>>
>> I did not try yet. But is this normal from a "Quick Ship" POV ?
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "Bilgin Ibryam" <bi...@iguanait.com>
>>> Jacques,
>>>
>>> You can do it one of two ways:
>>>
>>> 1. Create an order for PC001
>>> 2. Complete the production run and add the produced PC to the inventory
>>> 3. From order view screen use  "Pack Shipment For Ship Group" and then
>>> Pack items for shipment(this will issue the pc from inventory to
>>> shipment)
>>> 4. Set shipment status to shipped to create the invoices
>>>
>>> Or W/O producing the PC
>>> 1. Create an order for PC001
>>> 2. (If needed approve the order). You don't need to produce the PC

Posted by rnatavio <rn...@exist.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Bilgin,

From: "Bilgin Ibryam" <bi...@iguanait.com>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Bilgin,

I just tried with PC001 and there is nothing to pack. Also "Quick Ship" says : Warning: no shipments created; could not find
anything ready and needing to be shipped.

Jacques

From: "Bilgin Ibryam" <bi...@iguanait.com>