Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nicolas Mailhot <Ni...@laPoste.net> on 2004/09/29 13:59:19 UTC

Re: Tomcat 5/Apache 2/JK2- production quality?

Le mercredi 29 septembre 2004 à 12:43 -0400, Kurt Overberg a écrit :
> Gang,
>
> I've been running a fairly large website (25000 pages/day) off of
> Tomcat4.1.30/JK/Apache1.3 for quite some time now.  Its been running great, but
> in expectation of needing some load balancing, I'm thinking of moving to
> Tomcat5/Apache2/JK2.  Anyone have any thoughts or experiences with running these
> versions in a production environment?  Thanks!

Henri Gomez stated yesterday on JPackage lists JK2 was not ready for
production and there would be a new integrated connector module in
apache 2.1 anyway. He got as far as to suggest we remove our JK2
package.

Now since he's heavily involved with JK1 you might want to take his
words with a grain of salt, but I personnally won't discount them (of
course, the hellish config system of JK2 helps a lot to make one's
mind). You'll notice even in the official JK2 doc pages there is no
clear endorsement of JK2 over JK1, and in fact large parts of it deal
only with JK1.

Nicolas Mailhot