Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Max Malin <ma...@spyroid.com> on 2003/08/13 11:26:22 UTC

POI & AAF - revisited

Hi all,

About a year ago, I posted (08/21/2002) to this mailing list some
information about a structured storage based file format called AAF and how
I would like to use POI to manipulate this file format. Back then I was not
able to use POI (version 1.5.1) to write AAF files, since it somehow got
corrupted. So, some changes to POIFS code was needed.

Now, with a couple of small changes to POIFS code, we have been able to both
read and write AAF files successfully. The changes have been made to code
taken from CVS june 17th. I would like donate my changes to POI project, but
I'm not sure how. Could someone of you please tell me how proceed with this?

Thanks in advance,

-Max

Re: POI & AAF - revisited

Posted by Scott Palmer <sc...@digital-rapids.com>.
Advanced Authoring Format  (successor to OMF - Open Media Format).
It's a file format for Audio Visual media.. video clips, audio clips,
effects, transitions.. all the stuff (media-wise) that goes into making
professional level video productions.

See http://www.aafassociation.org/

Scott

Re: POI & AAF - revisited

Posted by Scott Palmer <sc...@digital-rapids.com>.
Advanced Authoring Format  (successor to OMF - Open Media Format).
It's a file format for Audio Visual media.. video clips, audio clips,
effects, transitions.. all the stuff (media-wise) that goes into making
professional level video productions.

See http://www.aafassociation.org/

Scott

On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 10:31  AM, rainer.klute@gmx.de wrote:

> What is AAF?
>
> Best regards

Re: POI & AAF - revisited

Posted by ra...@gmx.de.
What is AAF?

Best regards
Rainer Klute

--
                  RAINER KLUTE IT-CONSULTING GMBH
Dipl.-Inform.

Re: POI & AAF - revisited

Posted by ra...@gmx.de.
What is AAF?

Best regards
Rainer Klute

Re: POI & AAF - revisited

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Lets move this convo over to POI-dev

0. You'll need to merge with current CVS sources.
1. Make sure you have unit tests
2. Upload them to a Bugzilla bug (read the "Get involved" doc)
3. If you want them to be in the 2.0 release, you'll need to do the patches
against the 2.0 branch.
4. For the 3.0 release you'll need to submit patches against the head.

(3&4 or only 4 but not only 3)

Thanks,

-Andy

On 8/13/03 5:26 AM, "Max Malin" <ma...@spyroid.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> About a year ago, I posted (08/21/2002) to this mailing list some
> information about a structured storage based file format called AAF and how
> I would like to use POI to manipulate this file format. Back then I was not
> able to use POI (version 1.5.1) to write AAF files, since it somehow got
> corrupted. So, some changes to POIFS code was needed.
>
> Now, with a couple of small changes to POIFS code, we have been able to both
> read and write AAF files successfully. The changes have been made to code
> taken from CVS june 17th. I would like donate my changes to POI project, but
> I'm not sure how. Could someone of you please tell me how proceed with this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> -Max

Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

Re: POI & AAF - revisited

Posted by Scott Palmer <sc...@digital-rapids.com>.
If you have any AAF specific code that you would like to share, or any
details about how you are using AAF, I would be very interested.

Scott

Re: POI & AAF - revisited

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Lets move this convo over to POI-dev

0. You'll need to merge with current CVS sources.
1. Make sure you have unit tests
2. Upload them to a Bugzilla bug (read the "Get involved" doc)
3. If you want them to be in the 2.0 release, you'll need to do the patches
against the 2.0 branch.
4. For the 3.0 release you'll need to submit patches against the head.

(3&4 or only 4 but not only 3)

Thanks,

-Andy

On 8/13/03 5:26 AM, "Max Malin" <ma...@spyroid.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> About a year ago, I posted (08/21/2002) to this mailing list some
> information about a structured storage based file format called AAF and how
> I would like to use POI to manipulate this file format. Back then I was not
> able to use POI (version 1.5.1) to write AAF files, since it somehow got
> corrupted. So, some changes to POIFS code was needed.
>
> Now, with a couple of small changes to POIFS code, we have been able to both
> read and write AAF files successfully. The changes have been made to code
> taken from CVS june 17th. I would like donate my changes to POI project, but
> I'm not sure how. Could someone of you please tell me how proceed with this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> -Max

Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi