Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Peter Holt <pe...@holt.se> on 2022/03/14 16:48:20 UTC

Problems with code completion in JSP when using Jakarta EE 9

I have issues with NetBeans JSP page parsers that have not been working.  When using Jakarta EE 9+ (using the jakarta, rather than the javax, packages) the code completion/suggestions (ctrl+space) do not show any of my own code; none of my CDI beans appear in the drop-down for auto-completing my JSP expressions ${}.

I can`t find what I have done wrong.

My application works in Payara 5.2021.10.

The only thing not working for me is the code completion in JSP expression. And it clearly show that it expects javax and not Jakarta.

In pom.xml:

Have set:

    <properties>

        <maven.compiler.source>11</maven.compiler.source>

        <maven.compiler.target>11</maven.compiler.target>

        <endorsed.dir>${project.build.directory}/endorsed</endorsed.dir>

        <failOnMissingWebXml>false</failOnMissingWebXml>

        <jakartaee>9.0.0</jakartaee>

    </properties>

…

        <dependency>

            <groupId>jakarta.platform</groupId>

            <artifactId>jakarta.jakartaee-api</artifactId>

            <version>9.0.0</version>

            <scope>provided</scope>

        </dependency>

…

                                <artifactItem>

                                    <groupId>jakarta.platform</groupId>

                                    <artifactId>jakarta.jakartaee-api</artifactId>

                                    <version>${jakartaee}</version>

                                    <type>pom</type>

                                </artifactItem>

In beans.xml :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<beans xmlns=https://jakarta.ee/xml/ns/jakartaee

       xmlns:xsi=http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance

       xsi:schemaLocation=https://jakarta.ee/xml/ns/jakartaee https://jakarta.ee/xml/ns/jakartaee/beans_3_0.xsd <https://jakarta.ee/xml/ns/jakartaee%20https:/jakarta.ee/xml/ns/jakartaee/beans_3_0.xsd>

       bean-discovery-mode="all"

       version="3.0">

</beans>

And in my web.xml:

<web-app

    xmlns=https://jakarta.ee/xml/ns/jakartaee

    xmlns:xsi=http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance

    xsi:schemaLocation=https://jakarta.ee/xml/ns/jakartaee https://jakarta.ee/xml/ns/jakartaee/web-app_5_0.xsd <https://jakarta.ee/xml/ns/jakartaee%20https:/jakarta.ee/xml/ns/jakartaee/web-app_5_0.xsd>

    version="5.0">

Any suggestions on what I have missed to do to get it working?

Regards
Peter Holt

Re: Problems with code completion in JSP when using Jakarta EE 9

Posted by Jason Abreu <ja...@gmail.com>.
I noticed this problem, as well as the templating for adding
configuration files to projects (faces-config.xml, persistence.xml, etc)
having the old XML schemas.  It appears that Apache NetBeans has not
integrated, yet, with the Jakarta EE 9+ API.
JSF-EL and JSP-EL do not support code completion for CDI Beans, yet.  No
config file template schemas have been updated, yet.

-- Jason