Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Scott T Weaver <sc...@binary-designs.net> on 2004/05/19 15:59:47 UTC

Changes in persistence store (in my branch)

In my branch, I have changed the way ojb loads the individual repository
descriptors for individual components.

In the past, we had to hard code an ENTITY link into the primary
repository.xml.  This caused issues when those individual repository
descriptors could not be found.  So we had to jump through different
hoops, like special build goals, to fix this.

What I have done, within the persistence store implementation, I
programatically add each components repository "chunk" via OJB's api.
The only really change from a development standpoint is that you need to
rename repository chunk to "ojb_repository.xml" and put it in your
components META-INF/ directory.  The persistence store then gets an
enumeration of all the META-INF/ojb_repository.xml's in the class path
and adds them to descriptor.  You will also need to surround your repo
chunk with:

<descriptor-repository >

</<descriptor-repository >

*           Scott T. Weaver              *
*         <we...@apache.org>            *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>       *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal    *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container     *
* OpenEditPro, Website Content Mangement *
*     <http://www.openeditpro.com>       *