Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.uzh.ch> on 2007/11/16 17:08:27 UTC

lenya in the IX Magazine

Hi all

There is a(nother) comparison of CMS in the latest IX-Magazine. Beside
some php CMS there is also a comparison between three java CMS: Lenya,
Magnolia and OpenCMS.

They still use lenya 1.2 for the comparison. For lenya the positive
points are the large function volume and the documentation (here the
user documentation of the Universitätsklink Freiburg and the University
of Zuerich are mentioned :-) ). On the negative site they complain about
the old fashioned UI.

At the end they mention in the article that it is probably worthwhile to
wait for Version 2.0!

Jann

Re: lenya in the IX Magazine

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <ne...@apache.org>.
Jann Forrer wrote:
> At the end they mention in the article that it is probably worthwhile to
> wait for Version 2.0!

so i smell world domination? :-D

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier

   - Ken Thompson.

Re: lenya in the IX Magazine

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Jann,

thanks for the pointer!
BTW, they spelled it "Lenja" in their newsticker :(

Jann Forrer schrieb:
> Hi all
>
> There is a(nother) comparison of CMS in the latest IX-Magazine. Beside
> some php CMS there is also a comparison between three java CMS: Lenya,
> Magnolia and OpenCMS.
>
> They still use lenya 1.2 for the comparison. For lenya the positive
> points are the large function volume and the documentation (here the
> user documentation of the Universitätsklink Freiburg and the University
> of Zuerich are mentioned :-) ).

> On the negative site they complain about the old fashioned UI.

Well, if this is the most important point, maybe we should sneak in some
fancy CSS changes between 2.0 RC1 and RC2 :)

-- Andreas