Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <te...@husted.com> on 2003/03/21 15:31:53 UTC

Re: [FRIDAY] Microsoft

As developers, I think its our job to develop, making the best use of
the best tools available.

I may be involved with a .NET project this summer. And if I am, you can
bet I'm bringing along the C# renditions of my favorite tools. Ant,
Hibernate, Lucene, Maverick (similar to Struts), Velocity, all have .NET
projects churning away at SourceForge. Some of these still need some
work, but its work we know how to do.

The nice thing about this article is that it echoes what I have been
telling clients. .NET is a nice quick-to-market platform, but its
immature and still needs to be augmented by the products real, live
enterprise developers have been building in Java over the last few years.

Although the skills most of us bring to a project have less to do with
the tools themselves, and more to do with how we use the tools. After
all, no matter how good you are using product X today, it's liable to be
a very different product two years from now.

-T.

--
Ted Husted,

RE: [FRIDAY] Microsoft