Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Li Feng Wang <ph...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/11 05:13:38 UTC

[QA discuss] How to make keywords(tags) better used

Hi, all,

As QA, marking/tagging issues correspondingly is very useful.
But I know, there is some way to use it in Bugzilla. I list some advantages
and disadvantages about these ways, maybe not cover all.

1)Set keywords in keyword item:
   Advantage:
      a)From https://issues.apache.org/ooo/describekeywords.cgi you can get
corresponding defects info.
      b)As a condition item when define query/search.
   Disadvantage:
      a)Not flexible to definition, need use keywords already defined.
      b)Not visual when get info from issues mail list(bugzilla)
      c)Some queries not include keyword item as condition, then query
result will not include this info.

2)Add keywords in defect Summary/headline:
   Advantage:
      a)Visual to get keyword info from summary, no matter what's way you
get defects, issues mail list or simple query.
      b)Flexible to definition according demands.
   Disadvantage:
      a)Can't make it as query condition.

3)Both add keywords/tags in keyword item and summary.

For QA or dev, which way is better for you?

Any comments are welcome.
--
Best Wishes, LiFeng Wang

Re: [QA discuss] How to make keywords(tags) better used

Posted by Shan Zhu <sh...@gmail.com>.
Oh, it is okay, if there has been "ms_interoperability" already.
I talked about "interop_MSbinary" just wanted to tag all MSOffice
interoperability issues which can not be tagged by "interop_OOXML".
Now the "ms_interoperability" can do it well. So, no necessary  to change
it.

Herbert, thanks a lot.

Regards,
Shan Zhu

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Shan Zhu <sh...@gmail.com>.
Perhaps, we can tag the interoperability issue about MSoffice2007 and
MSoffice2010 together using tag "interop_OOXML".

2 reasons:
1. This type of issues ususally exist with files created in both of the two
versions.
2. For many sample files, especially files from the users or download from
website, we can not know exactly that which version of Office had been used
to created/modified them.

If a defect is related to only one version of them, we can declare it in
description.

PS: Another question is which tag we should used to mark the issue found in
.xls that created by MSoffice2007/2010, even the eariler Office versions.
"interop_ms2003" can not cover the issue in such a scenario. Using
"interop_MSbinary" instead ?

Just a suggestion, for your reference.

Regards,
Shan Zhu

Posted by Li Feng Wang <ph...@gmail.com>.
First, Thank you Herbert Duerr's reply.
Exactly, Put keywords in summary manually maybe have inconsistent with
keyword item.
If we can request to add keywords ,I think I agree to use keyword item in
query too. One way is easy to maintain.

So I think we need prososal Defect Reporter/QA to use keywords item widely.
I summary 2 points need to do from your reply:
1)Proposal to add keyword item in query. So need suggest add keyword item
when share query with others.
2)Rich keywords list as you demand. send mail to request help to add in
keywords list.

For point 2, I suggest to add "Dev" as keyword, to tag defects that report
from developer or not, that just mechanism or code change, can't verify
from user view.

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ji Yan <ya...@gmail.com>.

--

Thanks & Best Regards, Yan Ji

Re: [QA discuss] How to make keywords(tags) better used

Posted by Herbert Duerr <hd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ji Yan <ya...@gmail.com>.
Definitely, adding keywords make defect searching easily. I suggest adding
the keyword to both keyword filed and tagging it in summary field.

--

Thanks & Best Regards, Yan Ji

Re: [QA discuss] How to make keywords(tags) better used

Posted by liu ping <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by liu ping <do...@gmail.com>.
Good discussion.