Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by krip pane <jk...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/13 17:31:40 UTC

Sorry to send mail to this group...BUT need help with tomcat startup and admin app startup...

All,

I'm sorry to send the questions to this list but I
can't get an answer from the users list.  Any help is
appreciated.

2 questions:

1. I'm running 4.1.18 on solaris 2.8 - currently
without any problems as id "tomcat".  But my issue is
I've to give write permission to tomcat on the conf
directory inorder for tomcat to start successfully. Is
there any other way of starting tomcat without giving
this permission, is this a bug?, has it been addresses
in a different release.

2. Can someone please help with running the admin
application (running on solaris 2.8, tomcat4.1.18).  I
keep getting the following errors (relevant messages
only):

2003-03-13 09:17:19 ContextConfig[/admin] Exception
processing JAR at resource path
/WEB-INF/lib/struts.jar
javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception processing
JAR at resource path /WEB-INF/lib/struts.jar
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.tldScanJar(ContextConfig.java:930)
        :
        :
----- Root Cause -----
java.io.IOException: Permission denied