Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Dipu Divakaran <dd...@hitachisolutions.com> on 2023/04/21 02:56:45 UTC

Apache Solr Schemeless mode with .Net Core

Team,

Can someone provide me any examples/link/document for implementing Apache Solr Indexing and Search with schemeless mode in .Net core?

Thanks
DD
This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and any attachments from any device.

Re: Apache Solr Schemeless mode with .Net Core

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 4/21/23 06:43, Dipu Divakaran wrote:
> Can someone provide me any examples/link/document for implementing Apache Solr Indexing and Search with schemeless mode in .Net core?

Schemaless mode is entirely server-side at index time.  Queries and
clients will not be affected by schemaless mode.

https://solr.apache.org/guide/solr/latest/indexing-guide/schemaless-mode.html

This project only maintains the Java client.  All other Solr clients,
including those for .NET, are third party.  For help with those, you
need to talk to whatever entity produced the client you are using.

The dev list is not the right place for this.  This list is for
discussion around the development of Solr itself, not developing user
applications.  The user list is where this should have gone.

Thanks,
Shawn

Apache Solr Schemeless mode with .Net Core

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Dipu,

Please don't cross-post to multiple mailing lists.

Your question is fairly open, so don't expect to get much response. My thoughts:

Why would you want schema-guessing mode? It is NOT recommended for production, so we recommend creating a schema (See schema designer UI) up front.
In .NET you'd first want to select a solr client library. I know a few existed years ago, but am not up to date on that myself. Whatever client you select, you must consult that community for usage examples in .NET.

Schema guessing mode can be nice in the exploration phase for quickly ingesting new data with lots of different fields. But you'll still always need to go back and modify the guesses. Instead of schema guessing mode, you should explore the Schema Designer feature where you can upload a sample of your dataset to Solr and get a visual suggestion of the types for each. See https://solr.apache.org/guide/solr/latest/indexing-guide/schema-designer.html

Jan