Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2011/02/11 23:34:31 UTC

[Hadoop Wiki] Update of "PoweredBy" by ChenHe

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The "PoweredBy" page has been changed by ChenHe.
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PoweredBy?action=diff&rev1=250&rev2=251

   * [[http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~jimmylin/cloud-computing/index.html|University of Maryland]]
    . We are one of six universities participating in IBM/Google's academic cloud computing initiative. Ongoing research and teaching efforts include projects in machine translation, language modeling, bioinformatics, email analysis, and image processing.

-  * [[http://t2.unl.edu|University of Nebraska Lincoln, Research Computing Facility]]
+  * [[http://hcc.unl.edu|University of Nebraska Lincoln, Holland Computing Center]]
-   . We currently run one medium-sized Hadoop cluster (200TB) to store and serve up physics data for the computing portion of the Compact Muon Solenoid (CMS) experiment. This requires a filesystem which can download data at multiple Gbps and process data at an even higher rate locally. Additionally, several of our students are involved in research projects on Hadoop.
+   . We currently run one medium-sized Hadoop cluster (1.6PB) to store and serve up physics data for the computing portion of the Compact Muon Solenoid (CMS) experiment. This requires a filesystem which can download data at multiple Gbps and process data at an even higher rate locally. Additionally, several of our students are involved in research projects on Hadoop.

  = V =
   * [[http://www.veoh.com|Veoh]]