Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <ed...@mgrinformatica.com.br> on 2005/06/13 21:42:53 UTC

Error 25502 during update (was Re: Error messages)

Currently, I'm getting error "ERROR 25502-..." stating I can issue
update command because database, connection or user is read only.
But I'm getting the connection same way I issue for every operation, and
don't know why it's saying "readonly". I suspect the real problem is
because I'm trying to update a column that has a reference to another
table, and the constraint is ON UPDATE NO ACTION.

Could be this possible? May be the pt_BR message is wrong for this error
code?

Thanks for any clarifications,

Edson Richter

Re: Error 25502 during update (was Re: Error messages)

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
On 6/13/05, Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <
edson.richter@mgrinformatica.com.br> wrote:

> Currently, I'm getting error "ERROR 25502-..." stating I can issue
> update command because database, connection or user is read only.
> But I'm getting the connection same way I issue for every operation, and
> don't know why it's saying "readonly". I suspect the real problem is
> because I'm trying to update a column that has a reference to another
> table, and the constraint is ON UPDATE NO ACTION.
>
> Could be this possible? May be the pt_BR message is wrong for this error
> code?
> [snip...]

 Well...the pt_BR & en message are in sync...as far as I can read
portuguese, that is.
 I think your hunch is probably correct.
To find out more, you could debug what's happening. If you add
derby.infolog.append=true
derby.language.logStatementText=true
derby.stream.error.logSeverityLevel=0
in a file derby.properties where your database is sitting then you should
find more helpful info (if overmuch) in the derby.log.

Myrna