Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Manfred Rosenboom <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/21 10:55:25 UTC

axis-dev@ws.apache.org

Hi,

I want to use Axis 1.4 within Tomcat 5.5.17:

Using CATALINA_BASE:   D:\tmp\axis\axis-server
Using CATALINA_HOME:   D:\tmp\axis\apache-tomcat-5.5.17
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: D:\tmp\axis\axis-server\temp
Using JRE_HOME:        D:\java\jdk1.5.0

In each Tomcat startup I get the message:

- Unable to find config file.  Creating new servlet engine config file:
/WEB-INF/server-config.wsdd

But this file is never created  :-(

Any idea, what's going wrong ?

MTIA,
Manfred

Re: axis-dev@ws.apache.org

Posted by Christopher Sahnwaldt <ch...@gmx.net>.
Or you can copy the file org/apache/axis/server/server-config.wsdd
from axis.jar to your WEB-INF folder and edit it to add your services
etc.

Re: axis-dev@ws.apache.org

Posted by Christopher Sahnwaldt <ch...@gmx.net>.
This seems to be a bug in
org.apache.axis.configuration.EngineConfigurationFactoryServlet .

The message you get comes from the line

log.error(Messages.getMessage("servletEngineWebInfError03", name));

but no file is created here. The control flow in that class is
a bit messy and doesn't always do what the comments want it to.

The file will be created if FileProvider.writeEngineConfig() is
called. Maybe someone on the list knows how that can be done through
a web interface or something?

Bye,
Christopher.