Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jitendra Kharche <jk...@hotmail.com> on 2002/10/17 13:56:49 UTC

please help - difficult to understand how ActionMapping works

Hi All,

I am experiencing a problem with action mapping.
The error statement seen in browser is -

Not Found
The requested URL /struts-ex1/logon.do was not found on this server.
Apache/1.3.14 Server at struts.test.com Port 80

The details are pasted below.
I have not modified any contents of the web.xml file except indenting it
properly as per my editor. I think this should not make any differnce.

I am using Linux, JDK1.2.2 with Tomcat 3.2.3 under Apache 1.3.14.

Also I have created a simple JSP page named index.jsp with a login form. The
action of this form is set to "/index" and not "index.do". Hence, I also
have not defined the <servlet-mapping> tag in web.xml.
Is it necessary to add ".do" to every action.
On submitting this form, I get the same error as stated above.

Also please suggest a method to debug a struts application.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Jitendra