Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Erlend Garåsen <e....@usit.uio.no> on 2012/01/24 16:22:19 UTC

Commands for registering agents etc.

Hello list,

I haven't been an active developer for a while since I have been sick,
so there are a lot of changes since last time I dag into the code and
setup process.

It seems that the documentation regarding the executecommands tool has
been changed since I cannot find the commands for installing the web
crawler for instance.

Maybe it is a good idea to explain the available arguments for many of
the agents and crawlers. I just need to install the Solr and Web crawler
connector, but cannot remember how. The documentation says "After you
have created the necessary configuration files, you will need to
initialize the database, register the "pull-agent" agent, and then
register your individual connectors. ManifoldCF provides a set of
commands for performing these actions, and others as well."

Here's what I did:
./processes/script/executecommand.sh org.apache.manifoldcf.agents.Install

But now I don't longer remember what I did before in order to fulfill
the necessary steps. I managed to register the Solr ourput connector,
but not the web crawler:
./processes/script/executecommand.sh
org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.Register
org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.webcrawler.WebcrawlerConnector
WebCrawler

This gives an error message about that the relation "connectors" does
not exist. I think I need to register the pull agent, but I'm not sure how.

Erlend

--
Erlend Garåsen
University of Oslo

Re: Commands for registering agents etc.

Posted by Erlend Garåsen <e....@usit.uio.no>.
Thanks, Karl!

Erlend

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.