Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Jan Schmidt <pe...@jan-o-sch.net> on 2009/07/03 12:29:16 UTC

APR::Socket::close()

The documentation says close() is part of the "unsupported API" of
APR::Socket which will be "finalized as a need arises". Though not
absolutely certain, I guess I have a need for that function:

I want to accept a POST-request from the client, read some content and
consequently decide that data should not be transferred. I'd like to
close the socket, then. When I simply call exit() in my perl handler the
client data is read by mod_perl, as documented.

Side question: Why is there no method to get the file descriptor from
mod_perl? I could then use sysread() and such - including close().

Jan