Posted to dev@ripple.apache.org by Tim Barham <Ti...@microsoft.com> on 2015/07/23 09:50:33 UTC

[VOTE] Ripple release 0.9.31

Now that we have 0.9.30 out the door, we need to do another release to take some important bug fixes.

Please review and vote on the release of Ripple 0.9.31.

The package you are voting on is available for review at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/ripple/. It was published from its corresponding git tag:

    incubator-ripple: 0.9.31 (68f124a84a)

While we need three +1 *binding* votes (which for an Apache Incubator project like Ripple means Apache IPMC members), active Ripple contributors and committers/PPMC members are still encouraged to review the release and vote. Before voting +1, please refer to and verify compliance with the checklist at http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list (however, we only need to consider changes since the previous release).

If you do vote +1, please include the steps you took in order to be confident the release meets requirements.

Upon a successful vote, I will upload the archive to dist/release/incubator/ripple and publish it to NPM.

I vote +1:
* Verified license headers with Apache RAT (using 'jake rat').
* Manually verified there were no new source files that need license headers, nor new third party dependencies that needed to have license information included in the LICENSE file.
* Verified the build works and all tests pass.
* Manually tested all changes that have been made since the last release.

Thanks!

Tim

RE: [VOTE] Ripple release 0.9.31

Posted by Tim Barham <Ti...@microsoft.com>.
Yes, I'll do another release. Would have done it already, but I've been out of action for a few days, and likely will be for another couple of days. So it's looking like Thursday my time before I'll get to this (Wednesday in the US). There's also another PR or two I'd like to look at merging first.

Posted by Brent Lintner <br...@gmail.com>.
Just an update:

Re: [VOTE] Ripple release 0.9.31

Posted by Raymond Camden <ra...@gmail.com>.

RE: [VOTE] Ripple release 0.9.31

Posted by Tim Barham <Ti...@microsoft.com>.

RE: [VOTE] Ripple release 0.9.31

Posted by Ross Gardler <Ro...@microsoft.com>.
Sorry for the delay, this vote was called in OSCON timeframe and I've had an internal work conference this week. But I just reviewed.

+1

(the concerns below are technical and so I will let the technical folks decide whether it's a blocker or not)

Posted by Brent Lintner <br...@gmail.com>.
If I get a chance today or tomorrow, I can write some red tests and fix it
up. (I'll message here if so). :-)

Re: [VOTE] Ripple release 0.9.31

Posted by Tim Barham <Ti...@microsoft.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Ripple release 0.9.31

Posted by Arzhan Kinzhalin <ar...@kinzhal.in>.
This is my bad. Apologies for this. I’ve filed RIPPLE-95 and submitted a PR which fixes this: https://github.com/apache/incubator-ripple/pull/70 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-ripple/pull/70>

It just rolls back the validation to previous no-validation state. I’ll work on a proper validation (and tests) and submit it shortly.

Tim, Brent, if you could review and merge the change, it’d be great. Again, I’m sorry about the overhead this is causing.

--
// kai

Re: [VOTE] Ripple release 0.9.31

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@apache.org>.