Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Devin Venable <dv...@vetsource.com> on 2007/10/31 15:30:14 UTC

dealing with frames and LinkTree

I'm using a LinkTree in one frame and I need to change the content in
another frame when a link is clicked.  What's the best wicket pattern for
this?

In plain-old HMTL and Javascript, I would create links with src="#" and add
an onclick handler that calls javascript in the parent frameset, passing an
ID that identifies the desired content in the second frame.  From the parent
javascript function, I would get the target frame by ID and then set its
location attribute and pass the ID.  Something like this:

other_frame.location="pageName.html?newId=" + id;

LinkTree links are ajax---onclick goes back to the server and you handle the
click in JAVA.  But I haven't found a way to make this pattern work on the
server.  So what do I need to override to turn the links into simple links
as described above when constructing my LinkTree?  Or is there a clean
pattern for this that keeps more of the logic in JAVA?

--
Devin Venable
Senior Programmer Analyst