Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Tatiana Tarassenko <ta...@inline.net> on 2000/07/07 16:46:25 UTC

mod_perl + 3rd party module loading problem

Hi,

we're running Apache1.3.12 on linux, both mod_perl and mod_3rdparty are
compiled as DSOs and are working fine while being loaded separately.

on the attempt of loading them altogether server produces a message that
httpd started while there's no sign httpd.pid. error_log is clear as
well.

it looks like the server really starts, mod_3rdparty passes
initialization (it writes logfile), and then server dies after the
restart.

the behavior is pretty close to one with more than one VirtualHosts and
disabled suEXEC, but how to cure it with mod_perl, when you can't use
any wrappers?

thanks in advance for any tips or directions on how to make it work
together.

Tatiana Tarassenko, Software Developer
Inline Internet Systems, Inc.

Re: mod_perl + 3rd party module loading problem

Posted by Francesc Guasch <fr...@etsetb.upc.es>.

Tatiana Tarassenko wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we're running Apache1.3.12 on linux, both mod_perl and mod_3rdparty are
> compiled as DSOs and are working fine while being loaded separately.
>
> on the attempt of loading them altogether server produces a message that
> httpd started while there's no sign httpd.pid. error_log is clear as
> well.

It look like the X-file case it happened to me before I fresh
compiled and installed perl and apache from tar.gz getting rid
of the rpms