Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by St...@ext.ec.europa.eu on 2007/03/14 15:13:02 UTC

Undo Commit wrong version of file

Hi,

What to do if someone commited a bad modification on a file in subversion?
--> By mistake one developper of my team commited a file that he change for test purpose.

Actually I "solved" it by doing this procedure:
File X
Version 1 OK
Version 2 BAD (human mistake)
Version 3 Copy of version 1

But is there no way to do it better? (Somethink like make an "undo commit" or change the "HEAD" to a specific version?

Thanks.

Stephane

Re: Undo Commit wrong version of file

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Mar 14, 2007, at 10:18, Mark Phippard wrote:

> On 3/14/07, Stephane.CLINCKART@ext.ec.europa.eu
> <Stephane.CLINCKART@ext.ec.europa.eu > wrote:
>> What to do if someone commited a bad modification on a file in
>> subversion?
>> --> By mistake one developper of my team commited a file that he
>> change for test purpose.
>>
>> Actually I "solved" it by doing this procedure:
>> File X
>> Version 1 OK
>> Version 2 BAD (human mistake)
>> Version 3 Copy of version 1
>>
>> But is there no way to do it better? (Somethink like make an "undo
>> commit" or change the "HEAD" to a specific version?
>>

> Take a look at this blog post:
>
> http://markphip.blogspot.com/2007/01/how-to-undo-commit-in-
> subversion.html

Or The Book; searching its table of contents for "Undo" should have
found this for you:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.2/
svn.branchmerge.commonuses.html#svn.branchmerge.commonuses.undo

(Please recombine that link if the email process breaks it into two
lines...)

Re: Undo Commit wrong version of file

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.

--